DID YOU KNOW?
- Herastrau is the largest park in Europe situated within a city.
- The Parliament Palace (1984-1990), the so-called House of the People is considered a major tourist attraction in today’s Bucharest, and indeed, visitors rarely miss the second largest administrative building in the world after the US Pentagon.
- The mass transit network in Bucharest is the fourth largest in Europe.
- Romania is the ninth largest wine producer in the world.
- The modern jet engine was invented by the Bucharest-born inventor Henri Coanda in 1910.
MAP AND DIRECTIONS
From Otopeni International Airport
Distance: 17 km | Drive Time: 25 minutes
Visitors can choose to stay close by with numerous attractions around or take a quick trip to nearby sites.